NUAMES North Room Assignments
Students need to check-in to their assigned room at 7:45am, test begins at 8:00am
**If you have been approved for accommodations, you were sent an email with your room assignment. Please talk to your school counselor or Ms. Froerer if you have any questions.
What to bring
- ACT approved calculator, www.act.org/calculator-policy.html (If a student does not have a calculator, a Desmos calculator is provided as part of the exam)
- No. 2 pencil. Even though this is a computer-based exam, No. 2 pencils are still required for use on the ACT approved scratch paper.
- Small snack. After the Math portion of the exam there is a 10-15 min break. A small snack will be provided, but students may bring a small snack, if preferred, in a clear bag or container.
Things to consider
- Cell Phones are not permitted during testing. If students need to bring a cell phone this day, it needs to be turned off and placed at the front of the testing room.
- Bags/backpacks. If it is necessary to bring a bag/backpack, it will need to be placed at the front of the room prior to testing. Students may not access bags/backpacks (this includes during breaks) until the exam has concluded. If students bring a snack, they will need to be removed from bags/backpacks prior to testing for access during the break.
- Water bottles. These must also be placed at the front of the room, students cannot have water bottles at their desks while testing. If a student needs to take a bathroom break or get a drink during the exam, they may do so, but they do not get the missed time back. Before leaving the room for a bathroom break, students must check with the room supervisor or proctor. As a reminder, there is a 15-minute break after the Math exam.
- Breakfast. The exam will last approximately 3.5-4 hours, with a 15-minute break. This could be a long time to go without eating, so eating breakfast is strongly recommended.